MADV is all about making people’s lives easier by providing stress-relief through helpful content and entertaining media, community projects, easy-to-follow recipes and other vegan-related things!
Make A Spaghetti Dish Vegan
VEGAN SPAGHETTI & MEATBALLS
Recipe (Serves 3-4):
- 16 oz of spaghetti noodles
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or any neutral oil
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cup mushrooms, diced or sliced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 24 oz jar of marinara sauce
- 1 bag of vegan Italian meatballs
- 1 tsp vegan fish sauce
- 1 ½ tsp maple syrup or your choice of sweetener
- 1 tbsp full fat or extra creamy oat milk (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
- Boil a pot of salted water enough to cover your spaghetti noodles. Follow package directions.
- Heat your pan and add vegan butter
- Caramelize your onions, then add your garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until brown.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Add your jar of sauce. Add a little water to the jar and shake to get the rest of the sauce out.
- Mix together and then add vegan fish sauce and maple syrup.
- Add vegan meatballs, simmer and cover with a lid for about 15-20 minutes until fork tender.
- Add full fat oat milk and mix. Taste and season to your liking.
- Save some pasta water and drain your spaghetti. Add cooked noodles to the sauce and meatball mixture. Mix and add pasta water if needed.
- Garnish with vegan parmesan cheese and parsley.